Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/14/2010 5:36:32 PM EDT
Wich one do you like best Red,Green or Amber and why? what are the  Pros and cons of the different colors? Does it matter?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There have to be about a hundred of these threads but I will give it a go.
Green is bright, you would have to have a very bright background for it to wash out. It is my favorite. I have a TA33G-H on my patrol carbine.
Amber, according to Trijicon is the easiest for the eyes to pick up day and night, but might wash out if used in the wrong enviroment. I have 2 amber trijicon products (accupoints) and like them both.
Red is also very good. I have one red trijicon in my arsenal and like it very much. Some find it harder to see at night. Red probably has the most followers because it is the one used by our armed forces. It is another solid choice.

You really need to get to a place that has all 3 colors and see what works best for you.
Good Luck.

ETA
:link to info
more info
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
thanx.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
ArmedPete gave this advice:

You really need to get to a place that has all 3 colors and see what works best for you.

That is the answer.  Follow that advice.  Everybody seems to have differing opinions on what color is best.  I like amber best, then green, and red last.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ArmedPete gave this advice:

That is the answer.  Follow that advice.  Everybody seems to have differing opinions on what color is best.  I like amber best, then green, and red last.

this
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Dupe, and AR Optics FAQ entry #4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top