Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2010 6:58:04 PM EDT
I just purchased this from the EE this past week. http://ee.ar15.com/ItemView.aspx?iid=66801

After looking at the Tenebraex RCO killFLASH on Trijicon's website and trying to find it on Tenebraex's website I did not see one that looked like mine.

How many different ARD does Tenebraex make for a 4x32 ACOG? This one has what appears to be a double glass lense in the part that fits into the optic. This lense is tinted and cause the sight picture to be slightly pink when looking through the optic. I have heard that some of the RCO ARDs have IR filters is this what that is?

See the pictures below for more details on #s. The NSN matches the "ACOG Kit"

This just seemed different than the ones I have seen before.

Anyone that has knowledge about this ARD please give me you two cents. Is this an airsoft knock-off or real?  When I searched the PN all that came up was airsoft and few GB adds.

Thanks,

Ian

Pictures:

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
There are three killflashes for the 4x32 ACOG, the original was much shorter, and was simply the "honeycomb" portion, Trijicon P/N TA57.

When the TA31RCO was developed, they also developed a new killflash that integrated a laser filter, with a killflash portion that unscrewed.  This is what yours looks to be.  For whatever reason, Trijicon did not, and to my knowledge, still does not sell the model with the laser filter to civilians, so most likely, what you've got there is probably a "bringback."  For the reason you mentioned, killflashes are not necessarily popular with end users, and a lot of them end up being removed at the user level.  Not a whole lot of sighting lasers and LRFs being used by the enemy these days.  Like the KAC panels and panel pouches that sometimes get issued... accountability can be a little... dodgy when it comes to small, non-serialized accessories.

The third variation is identical to the RCO killflash, except it doesn't have the laser filter, but it does unscrew, it looks identical to the RCO killflash, and is sold both separately as the TA91, as well as with the TA31RCO and M150RCOs commercially.

So, yours looks, at a glance, to be an authentic RCO killflash with the filter intact.  

HTH,
~Augee
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There are three killflashes for the 4x32 ACOG, the original was much shorter, and was simply the "honeycomb" portion, Trijicon P/N TA57.

When the TA31RCO was developed, they also developed a new killflash that integrated a laser filter, with a killflash portion that unscrewed. This is what yours looks to be. For whatever reason, Trijicon did not, and to my knowledge, still does not sell the model with the laser filter to civilians, so most likely, what you've got there is probably a "bringback." For the reason you mentioned, killflashes are not necessarily popular with end users, and a lot of them end up being removed at the user level. Not a whole lot of sighting lasers and LRFs being used by the enemy these days. Like the KAC panels and panel pouches that sometimes get issued... accountability can be a little... dodgy when it comes to small, non-serialized accessories.

The third variation is identical to the RCO killflash, except it doesn't have the laser filter, but it does unscrew, it looks identical to the RCO killflash, and is sold both separately as the TA91, as well as with the TA31RCO and M150RCOs commercially.

So, yours looks, at a glance, to be an authentic RCO killflash with the filter intact.

HTH,

~Augee

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
From a PSA thread I posted a while back:

(I was unaware prior to acquiring the LARD that the honeycomb portion unscrewed).

Mine doesn't have the cage code and whatnot molded into the killflash housing. Yours looks like a more recent version. Also your retention "nub" looks to be better designed than the original (mine appears to be 2nd Gen, yours 3rd)  one I possess.

This is the 1st Gen:

(from Gunbroker)

It looks to be a three piece setup.

How is the fit with that Killflash? I added some electrical tape to mine to create a snug fit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top