Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2010 8:11:19 PM EDT
Is there a published chart for the BDC reticules that says how far apart the hashes are?  Zero at first hash, second hash is 3 MOA down, third hash is 8 MOA down, etc.
I have all my ballistic data and just want to compare for myself for different calibers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Those BDC stadia are for military loads at velocities generated in military barrels (i.e. 62 grain 5.56 round out of a 14.5" barrel) with a height over bore for an AR15/M16 family of weapons. Same for the .308 and .50. They may not work perfectly at extended distances with your pet hand load.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=504888

explained pretty well here.........
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
can anybody by chance explain how to use the horizontal stadia on each side of the reticle in the rco m4/a4 150's?  I know the hashes are 5 mil apart, just wondering how it is used?  And why should the right side be out of focus?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

can anybody by chance explain how to use the horizontal stadia on each side of the reticle in the rco m4/a4 150's? I know the hashes are 5 mil apart, just wondering how it is used? And why should the right side be out of focus?

05. The right hand side of the crosshair is blurry. Is this normal?
   Yes. The reticle pattern in the ACOG is formed by removing highly reflective metal from a prism mirror. This mirror is at about a 45-degree angle inside the gun sight. This means that the left side of the reticle is closer to the eye than the center of the reticle and the right side of the reticle is further from the eye. The result- the right side of the reticle is focused beyond infinity which can cause distortion on the right side of the reticle. The perceived distortion will be more or less depending on an individual's eyesight. The left side of the reticle is unaffected because the human eye has no difficulty focusing on a closer object. This in no way detracts from the performance of the scope. The image of the target area is not affected. Only the right hand side horizontal reticle line is blurry. This construction is required to achieve a parallax free vertical center of the scope, which allows the built in ranging on the reticle pattern.

http://www.trijicon.com/faq.cfm#f17

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I skipped right past that faq while looking for info on how the ranging lines work, and just added the question as an afterthought when posting.  Anybody else know how to use the horizontal ranging stadia on each side of the rco's?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top