Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:09:24 PM EDT
hi guys, im looking for a low power scope for a carbine, and am leaning towards the millett 1-4 dms scope. it falls well within the budget, and will leave some for a good (larue) qd setup. does anyone have any experience with this optic? or advice for another in a similar price bracket. i cant afford a nightforce, or anything like that, but SwFA has the millett for 200 bucks. thanks, in advance, tm
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an 80+ page thread on the DMS-1 somewhere around here.  Some like it (me) and some don't, but it is about the standard to which other 1-4X budget scopes are judged.  The SWFA + PEPR is a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
This scope is very much worth it. I got it as a starter scope to determine if I wanted to go RDS (1x) or ACOG (4x) in the future. Mine sits in a ADM recon mount which is a little cheaper than the Larue mounts. For a 200 dollar optic, that thing seems to take some abuse such as getting banged around in the back of a jeep. The only downside Ive noticed is battery life isnt that impressive but I run full power all the time. The upside is it doesnt nesecarily need one. hope this was helpful.

-KV
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top