Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:13:29 PM EDT
I wanted to know what type of accuracy do you guys get w/ your eotechs(without magnifiers) at 100 yards with avarage ammo( not match grade)
I ask because while I get very good groups at 25 or 50 I have a VERY hard time seeing the target at 100 and my groups opened up. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
2" give or take a little.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The groups you shoot may not be completely based on your optic. As I'm sure you already know lots of things play into tight groups.  How you shoot and what you shoot!  An EOTech, once it is zeroed, is very accurate and holds its zero very well!  What ammo you are shooting, what position you are shooting in, and how good do your eyes see out to 100 yards.  I'm not all that old but I have a difficult time seeing our FBI "Q" targets out to 100 yards.  There are so many variables that it's difficult to pin it down to one specific thing. Your EOTech should help you out!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
its all subject to your eye sight. I cannot see all that well that far out. I can see a target, but the reticle covers most of it for me.
Id prob say im about 3inch range or so.
Im tempted to get a magnifier again. I had one on my last rifle and helped alot, but got a bit heavier
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
minute of man..... It doesn't make your group smaller, it makes it easier to acquire your target.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
its all subject to your eye sight. I cannot see all that well that far out. I can see a target, but the reticle covers most of it for me.
Id prob say im about 3inch range or so.
Im tempted to get a magnifier again. I had one on my last rifle and helped alot, but got a bit heavier

Thats what happens to me. I guess my eye sight fails me sometimes i really think its that because I get good groups when I can actually see the target. Btw im shooting prvi m855. Next weekend ill go again and see how I do. Ill try and take pics and upload them
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=453382

In theory you should be able to shoot the same or better with the EOtech.

Try using a target that has a solid ~4.5 inch circle that's surrounded by white. What I do is print out the circles on a standard piece of paper.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wanted to know what type of accuracy do you guys get w/ your eotechs(without magnifiers) at 100 yards with avarage ammo( not match grade)
I ask because while I get very good groups at 25 or 50 I have a VERY hard time seeing the target at 100 and my groups opened up. Thanks!

I have the same problem but it is definately my eyes and NOT the EoTech.   If you can't see the center of the target it is hard to be consistent.

With a scope, I get very good results with Fiocchi 55 and PMC 55.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
When we do our qualifications at 100 yards I dial my EOTech 553 way down so that I can just barely see the dot.  That allows my eyes to not be focused on the reticle and more on the target.  It seems to work because I consistently qualify in the mid to upper 90's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#9]
i run crap ammo too , so that may hinder my specific performance too.
I found if i dial the reticle down a bit at longer distances i do a little better too.
EOTech is a very crowded reticle as I am realizing now for long distances.

One thing a friend told me to realize is. . . . . real life, a hit is a hit. If you hit the target at all, its likely a kill if it was a human or animal.
So not to worry about all these people getting dime size groups on here. Made sense when I thought about it like that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Crap ammo will play into it as well.  We also shoot crap 55 grain FMJ that has proved to be very inconsistent!  Ammo, depending on brand, will play into it quite a bit.  Our FBI Q targets are so small at 100 yards that the 65MOA outter ring barely covers much to effect your vision. Again, our targets are relatively small compared to what you may be shooting at!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Its not the eotech its me. I did dial the brightness way down but I was still having a hard time seeing the target. When I actually see the target I get very good groups.

Edit- I was thinking of either getting a scope for longer distances or a magnifier. What would you guy recommend?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
i had a chinese 4x behind my last 512 with fts mount. Worked very well.
im prob going to get a 3x for my 517 i have now
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
2" give or take a little.

This
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I shoot my 551F the same as my ML2 Aimpoint with 4MOA dot
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top