Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 8:15:30 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these?  I have a Larue fixed QD LT 103 on my other rifle.  Wanted to try something different on my new rifle.  Would the fixed be okay or should I try a flip up version?  I like the compactness of the Larue and wasn't sure how the Troy would compare. There is about a $55 difference between the Troy fixed and the Troy flip up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
i have the flip-up one.  built very well, like a tank.  i was unsure about the diamond shape aperture, but it works really well for me.  when i fold it down, it sits low enough for my taste, but you can others that will sit lower.
i liked it enough to buy a second one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot both and I prefer the standard circle aperture.  There's nothing wrong with the diamond aperture, and if I was only working with a single rifle I might go with it.  As it is, I have many rifles, I like commonality in my sights, and I've not noticed any appreciable difference in speed that would warrant changing all my sights to the diamond aperture.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top