Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:00:15 PM EDT

Which mount do I need to make my BUIS line up with the Aimpoint?

I want to order the mount and Aimpoint at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
do you want an absolute co-witness or a lower third? larue will have what you want either way
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
there is a shop on ebay that sells the m2 with a good mount for buis for around $500
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
do you want an absolute co-witness or a lower third? larue will have what you want either way

Ok what is the difference? I know in the military you can pope up you rear sight and see all there in line.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok what is the difference? I know in the military you can pope up you rear sight and see all there in line.

If the rds and sights are sighted in for the same zero this will happen with 1/3 or abs.

I use a ARMS w/ cantilever mount.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With absolute co-witness the iron sights are "lined up" right in the dead center of your scope. This is good for flip up sights since you dont need to change head position at all.

Lower third co-witness, the sight is just a little bit higher up, so the iron sights line up in the "lower third" section of your red-dot lens. This is good for fixed sights, since it doesn't clutter up the optic as much, but you can still use the iron sights through the red-dot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Ok I like the thought of the lower thirds. Which Larue mount should I look into?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ok I like the thought of the lower thirds. Which Larue mount should I look into?

LT-150  Stick with the QD model, it is only $115

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

LT-150  Stick with the QD model, it is only $115  

I just ordered this mount and am very happy with it.  The other option is the LaRue cantilever mount.  It all depends upon where you want your mount on the rail.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top