Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 8:32:50 PM EDT
My rifle is finish!! all I need now is an optic.

I saved enough $ to buy either one of them so price is not really my problem.

This is my first AR and probably be my only one for a while. It's going to be my SHTF rifle and it will be paired with a 3X mag.

I like the T1 because of the size and the weight and I like the M4s for it's proven reliability in combat, the 2moa and the fact that it uses a single AA battery.

The only thing I don't like about the T1 is that when paired with the 3Xmag it sits lower than the magnifier center line

which one OF THIS TWO aimpoints will you choose and why??

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]

To round out my collection of RDS's for my AR's I am going with the M4s based on its combat proven history, alignment with the 3x mag and the extra weight doesnt bother me.  Nothing wrong withthe T1, just want to full deal for now.  I could see a T1 on a smaller rifle, esp a Mk18 or something like that.  I'd consider one on my M1A Scout too.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
To round out my collection of RDS's for my AR's I am going with the M4s based on its combat proven history, alignment with the 3x mag and the extra weight doesnt bother me.  Nothing wrong withthe T1, just want to full deal for now.  I could see a T1 on a smaller rifle, esp a Mk18 or something like that.  I'd consider one on my M1A Scout too.

I have personally gone with the Comp M2...four times, actually...based on its combat-proven history. SKD Tactical is running a great deal on them right now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Go M4. The dot looks better through a magnifier and 2 moa is a little more versatile for far away work.  If I was in SWAT kicking down doors I would opt for the T1.  I had to make this same decision.  I feel your pain.  They are both great!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If an H1 or CompML3 fits your needs, get those.

You're also talking to an idiot with an M4S and T-1... I love the T-1, but the M4S will be used when I finally pick up a PVS-14.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Between the T1 and M4s, especially since you want to run a magnifier, I'd go M4s all day.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#6]
You can't go wrong with either.  I have the T1, M4s, and the M3.  My favorite is the M4s.  But, they all are awesome.  It is like comparing a 9.9 to a 10.0.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned both but stuck with the M4s. The only advantage the T1 has is weight but it's only 6oz lighter which is not that significant IMO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I was facing this exact dilema, until yesterday. Pulled the trigger on the M4S. Screw it, it's only money, right? Better to have the absolute best. I'd also noticed a few people selling or trading T1s on the EE so that they could get the M4S.

Go with Manventure; best price out there, and they have them in stock. $622.40!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are building an SBR and envision use inside of 50 yards, the T1 really shines.

If you are building a more general purpose rifle, with 0 - 300 yard type stuff in mind, than the M4S is probably a better choice.

Yes, you can make long shots with a 4 MOA dot, but a 2 MOA dot will make it a little easier.

Having AA batteries is also a very nice plus.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a big fan of the CompM4 optics.  I have two of them.  That being said, I will most likely
buy a micro (H-1 likely) for my next optic.  I would like to make one of my SBR's a "light weight"
weapon and the micro really lends itself to that function.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Might as well throw mine in the hat too.  I was torn with the exact same dilemma (sounds like this is far from unique).  I went M4s *mainly* because when I went to my local shop and looked through both, I was quite a bit more comfortable with the M4s.  Along with its unworldly battery life (common AA, mind you), and its legendary toughness, I was sold, and still am.  I love the thing.

ETA: got it from Larue with the LT QD mount.  The mount significantly adds to my love affair with this optic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
M4s, I have 6, better with a 3x, better field of view, better battery life, cheaper battery, built like a tank, can add flip covers.

There is a nice one up on snipershide with Bobro mount, my favorite.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I have used both and have gone with the M4s.  Both optics are clear and actually pretty light with the T1 being almost feather weight (advantage T1).  I would like to be able to shoot both short tactical distance and longer i.e. 100 yards with this optic without a magnifier due to weight constrains.  If this is what you are looking for, the M4s wins hands down.  This is because the 2MOA dot in the M4s is significantly smaller than the 4MOA dots in the T1s and so at least to me, makes it much easier to hit and stay in the black for a 100 NRA target.  The 4MOA dot almost completely covers this target whereas the 2MOA dot leaves enough black on the sides for you to be sure that you are centered.  

The BIG kicker for me is the adjustment knobs.  The T1’s is to me not good at all.  There is little or no tactile or audible feedback when you turn them whereas the M4s has excellent and solid tactile/audible feedback.  I also had problems with the travel of the T1 when I dial it.  Both optics is supposed to have 0.5MOA per click but in actual life, I found that the T1 was giving me closer to 1MOA.  This could be because I was having problem figuring out exactly how many clicks I was getting when I turn it but this did not give me any confidence.  So with the M4s, I am confident that I have a bomb-proof optic that I could shoot well both close and at modest distance – that made my choice easy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was facing this exact dilema, until yesterday. Pulled the trigger on the M4S. Screw it, it's only money, right? Better to have the absolute best. I'd also noticed a few people selling or trading T1s on the EE so that they could get the M4S.

Go with Manventure; best price out there, and they have them in stock. $622.40!!

thats a great deal, thanks for the tip.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you are building an SBR and envision use inside of 50 yards, the T1 really shines.

If you are building a more general purpose rifle, with 0 - 300 yard type stuff in mind, than the M4S is probably a better choice.

Yes, you can make long shots with a 4 MOA dot, but a 2 MOA dot will make it a little easier.

Having AA batteries is also a very nice plus.

I'm building a 16" middy that will be my rifle when SHTF. I only own a handgun so this rifle will have a very wide range of uses.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
With the T-1, I saw no reason to get a M4. The T-1 is small and light weight with an excellent LaRue Mount. It has a 5 yr battery life with rugged Aimpoint reliability.

Why would I want that big ass M4???

Did I mention my T-1 has been on for the last 27 months.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#17]
M4s for me. Although to be fair I haven't used the micro Aimpoints.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top