Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:43:13 PM EDT
I recently purchased a "new in the box" ITAC DEFENSE Holographic sight.  When I opened the box it had a SIGTAC holographic sight.  Now, I'm no optics pro by no means, but it looks and functions like everything the paperwork says.  It's made in the USA, NH, even the model number on the side is the same.  The only noticable difference is the ITAC emblem thats on the box but not on the sight.  It works great, but when I looked it up on the web I got some disturbing information about the sight being a china replica worth about $30.  I paid $100.00 for this sight and just wondering if I got taken or is this the true manufacturer of SIGTAC holo sights.  It was bought at a local reputable dealer.  Let me clarify:  the only difference is the sight on the box has a ITAC emblem on it and the actual sight has a SIGTAC logo in its place.  Any help appreciated???
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently purchased a "new in the box" ITAC DEFENSE Holographic sight.  When I opened the box it had a SIGTAC holographic sight.  Now, I'm no optics pro by no means, but it looks and functions like everything the paperwork says.  It's made in the USA, NH, even the model number on the side is the same.  The only noticable difference is the ITAC emblem thats on the box but not on the sight.  It works great, but when I looked it up on the web I got some disturbing information about the sight being a china replica worth about $30.  I paid $100.00 for this sight and just wondering if I got taken or is this the true manufacturer of SIGTAC holo sights.  It was bought at a local reputable dealer.  Let me clarify:  the only difference is the sight on the box has a ITAC emblem on it and the actual sight has a SIGTAC logo in its place.  Any help appreciated???

Sigforum had some discussion about this sight.  Apparently, ITAC is owned Sig. It appears they created the company to import and market Chinese optics.  Sig re-brands the ITAC line to SIGTAC to sell with their Sig line.  They're both identical and are, in fact, made in China.  Sig's come under criticism for sourcing a LOT of their parts and accessories from China.  Sounds like a shell game to me.  Confuse the consumer so nobody knows what they're buying or where it came from.  Personally, it looks like an NcStar to me.  I got one in a trade and you'd have to check after every shot if the dot was still there (battery contact issue).  It's in a drawer somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
ITAC is Israeli if I remember correctly
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top