Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 12:23:14 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to buy a scope for my AR10 and am thinking about a leupold mark4 with illuminated retical. What does the retical look like when the power is off ? Is it visable and able to be used like a normal scope, or does it disapear like a red dot
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks just like a regular non-illuminated retical.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#2]
325 is right.  It is just a black etched reticle and when you turn on the illumination it turns red.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is just a black reticle. Be careful. My Mk4 batteries were constantly  dead. Seems when you handle the gun a lot the dial is easily bumped on.
I still have it but have not put batteries in it for over 2 years. I went through 3-4 sets in 1 year. On a old forum i found 4-5 guys that had the same issue.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top