Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 9:34:26 AM EDT
Wondering if anybody has an opinion on these two scopes, Vortex Viper 2-7x32 or Weaver Classic V 2.5-7x32.  Wanting a decent mid-range basic optic for hunting and plinking, and wanting to stay under $200.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are good, I'd also look at the Burris Fullfield II.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got the Viper and so far I have nothing but good things to say about it. Plus Vortex's CS is supposed to be one of the best, but so far I haven't had the need for it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any experience with the weaver but I do have a viper 2-7.  Glass is excellent, push/ pull finger adjustable turrets, and the power adjustment ring rules!  Very nice scope that I would definitely purchase again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy the Viper.  I have one and it is a fantastic scope for the price.  Hell, it's a fantastic scope for double the price.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Buy the Viper.  I have one and it is a fantastic scope for the price.  Hell, it's a fantastic scope for double the price.

I've got a Viper too.  I've only shot it one time so far, but damn, it's nice.  For the $170 I paid for it thru SWFA, I kinda feel like I ripped somebody off.  

Just an FYI, Vortex is discontinuing the Viper line to make some improvements, so if you want one, snatch it up.  Or just wait until they come out with the redesign.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Vortex No Brainer
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a Viper too.  I've only shot it one time so far, but damn, it's nice.  For the $170 I paid for it thru SWFA, I kinda feel like I ripped somebody off.  

Just an FYI, Vortex is discontinuing the Viper line to make some improvements, so if you want one, snatch it up.  Or just wait until they come out with the redesign.  

Is this true?  Where did you hear about this?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends on the application.

The weaver 2-7 is a very slim, light, and classic design.  I am getting one in a few weeks to go on my Marlin 60SS.  I picked the weaver because it is a small, slim, and looks right on a classic gun like a marlin 60.  It also comes in silver.  It doesn't hurt that it has some above average glass in it either.  I don't need any other features than what it has, and once I set it, it will stay set at 50 yards.  

If this was going to go on a trainer rifle or something in black, I'd go right for the vortex as it has more features and is easier to adjust.

Both are supposed to be excellent, but I only have first hand experience with the weaver.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
There was a thread on opticstalk about the viper line being discontinued with the exception of a few models, hence the reduced price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top