Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2010 3:11:39 PM EDT
so i remember reading somewhere that the bottom of the ring on an eotech is a pretty good bullet drop compensator for i think it was 600yds. i havent had a chance to try my eotech out past 80yds yet and i was wondering if there was any truth to this at all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't hear anything about the 65 MOA ring used for bullet drop.  Only the EoTech 557 and other Eotechs that use the two or three vertical dots is meant for ranging.  I have read the manual, and didn't see anything in there either.  But good luck hitting anything accurately with an Eotech after 400 yards.  It is very hard to do.  At 500 yards, the 1 MOA dot is now the equivalent of 5 inches across.  If you are just trying to hit anywhere on a man sized target, then maybe.  But getting center of mass shots is very difficult.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top