Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2010 8:17:45 AM EDT
I have a 200-600 meter matech buis, The question I have is if I clean the buis off with non chlorenated brake clnr will it take the white numbers off? Thanks to all the members that reply.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used brake/carb cleaner in the past when cleaning guns, that being said, there are a lot of cheap better options out there that will do what you want that I can guarantee won't take the finish off the Matech.

Rem Oil comes to mind and it costs less than $5
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If it is off the weapon a good way to clean off oil, grease, cosmolene or accumulated crud is hot water with dish soap.  Scrub with a toothbrush or GP brush.  Rinse with hot plain water and then blow it out with compressed air and lubricate correctly.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top