Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:54 AM EDT
New to the site, and new to AR's, so hello everyone, and I apologize in advance for any dumb questions .

I recently purchased a Bushmaster ORC, and I'm wanting to put my 3-9x40 scope on it that I usually kept on my .270. Anything special I need to do to mount a scope like this? Seems most AR's have the red dot or ACOG scopes which are a lot smaller, so I'm not sure if there's any thing special I need to do. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
set of rings
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#2]
If your gun already has the riser blocks on it you will need a medium set of rings.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing special necessary, other than a set of medium-high rings.

Here is my first AR many years ago when I was unsure of its role.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
depending on your needed eye relief, you might want a  canteliver mount. Check out RRA one piece. They're rock solid and affordable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You can't do better than a Larue LT-150 mount
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Having shot traditional rifles all my life, I found that high or 1" high rings were necessary.  I got the Burris Xtreme Tactical extra high rings like these.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're on a budget, a plain set of good quality rings will work fine. If you need to play around with eye relief, check out some of the cantilevered Burris, RRA, Armalite, etc. mounts. If quick on and off is important, and you have the money, Larue, American Defense, and others can set you up.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top