Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 10:29:39 AM EDT
Can the group give me some opinions on standard night sights for an AR––-brand, dot colors, how to install?

Thanks.......

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Troy
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Trijicon front sight post on a dedicated irons gun. It glows green. It's larger than a standard FSP so obscures more target. With a weapon mounted light it does make getting on target in the dark easier. The Trijicon uses a post that spins on top of the adjusting part of the post - the part you capture with an adjustment tool. Be sure to capture both rings when adjusting/installing. It's so you can face the dot towards you without interfering with zero.  It's set-up with a traditional dual aperature rear. I initially bought the set, but sold the rear Trijicon because it messed up my focus on the front sight. It's easier to get on target with the standard rear ghost-ring IMO.
I like having night sights on any defensive gun.

-JC
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top