Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2010 7:10:03 PM EDT
Hello all -

I have a question regarding MagPul BUIS front sights.  The sights that I have seem to be missing a part, a detent to keep the post from moving (a guess).  Please see the attached pictures, notice in yellow.  I think it is missing a detent for the post so it does not move when zeroed.  Am I missing a detent or is that how these sights come?  Any advice on what exactly I need to fix these sights?  It seems that when I fire the zero is lost since the post is moving freely.  See pics.

I did a search and did not find an answer on this question, my apologies if this is re-post.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If you bought the sight new it should have came with roll pins you can put in that hole to lock the sight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you bought the sight new it should have came with roll pins you can put in that hole to lock the sight.

Negative. Do you have any suggestion on where to get them?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
According to the instructions that came with mine, the sizes are 3/32x3/8 and 3/32x1/2.  You use the longer one if your sight is cranked way out.  I bet if you contacted Magpul they'd stick some in an envelope for you, or you could look at a hardware store.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative. Do you have any suggestion on where to get them?

They come in a small baggie along with the sights. Try Magpul to get replacements.

If Magpul won't send you one for free PM me your address and I'll send you one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to the instructions that came with mine, the sizes are 3/32x3/8 and 3/32x1/2.  You use the longer one if your sight is cranked way out.  I bet if you contacted Magpul they'd stick some in an envelope for you, or you could look at a hardware store.

Is there anyway you can scan those instructions to me?  I contacted MagPul and got this response.  

Thank you for your inquiry.  The MBUS instructions can be found on our website here:

http://store.magpul.com/downloads/MBUS%205x7_090514_Update.pdf

The Front MBUS does not utilize a detent for the post since simple friction will keep it from rotating on its own.

––––

Is there two generations of these BUISs?  My sight does not stay in with friction.  It will rotate on a single fire.  I am going to have to stop by the hardware store.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a 3/32 x 1/2 tension pin at Home Depot and it is secure now.  Thanks for the advice all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top