Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 3:49:10 PM EDT
Hi all.  I have a question. I was looking at some reticle pictures and noticed that the aimpoints seem to have a green tint to the glass.  Is this the case?  The Eotechs seem to have clear glass.  I have a Primary Arms with the green tint and it kind of bugs me.  I am most interested in the Comp M4 glass.  Before I buy one I just want to know.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
My M4s has crystal clear glass with zero tint unless looking from the front end.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto on the CompM4 being crystal clear. The tint you're seeing is just one of the coatings.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hi all.  I have a question. I was looking at some reticle pictures and noticed that the aimpoints seem to have a green tint to the glass.  Is this the case?  The Eotechs seem to have clear glass.  I have a Primary Arms with the green tint and it kind of bugs me.  I am most interested in the Comp M4 glass.  Before I buy one I just want to know.  Thanks guys!

I can't speak for the Comp M4, but my ML3 looks "greener" than clear glass, but not as blue-green as the cheaper $30 red dots.

The EOTech looks very clear and has anti-reflective coatings on the outside lenses, just like the Comp ML3. But the ML3's objective lens has a red coating that looks VERY red from afar, and even reflects inside the lens at certain angles.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I've looked through/used an M2, ML3, T1, H1, and M4s.

The M4s had the clearest glass of the bunch.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top