Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2010 11:20:18 AM EDT
How do I do it?  I believe that I adjust the front sight in the direction I want the bullet to go, meaning if I am hitting high, I adjust it DOWN.  For the windage, I believe it may be opposite, meaning if I am hitting left, I dial it LEFT as well.  Correct?  I'm looking to zero at either 50 or 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The sights tell you which way to turn them.  To go Down, follow the arrow.  To go Right, follow the arrow......not that hard.
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Easy way to remember it is you adjust the front sight in the opposite direction you want the point of impact to go.  For example, if the bullet is going high and you want it lower, unscrew the front sight post so there is more sticking out of the base.  The U & D is for bullet strike.

You adjust the rear sight in the direction you want the point of impact to go.  If it is hitting left and you want it to go right, you move the rear sight to the right.  Again the L & R on the windage adjustment knob are the directions you wan the bullet to go.

Marty
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top