Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 10:20:05 AM EDT
Using a buis like troy, mi, arms, or other low profile flip sight...assuming there's not a continuous top rail (just the railed receiver), what are my options for mounting a conventional scope, and what rings/mount would work? I don't want a large scope, but just looking at it, there doesn't seem to be enough room on the receiver, lengthwise. Not worried about clearance as the appropriate height rings will take care of that.  

Would the best thing be to utilize a QD thumbscrew on the rear buis so i can take it off quick to make room for scope and mount? if so, do most sights accomodate a QD screw or is it model specific?

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
check out LaRue scope mounts.  love mine.  quick disconnect and retains zero if you take it off and put it back on.

i'll even give ya a link
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=30
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
that's pretty sweet. didn't know how to describe it, but that's it...although a  little spendy for me. gonna see what i can find for a little less. anybody know of a reasonable facsimile that's about middle of the road, price-wise? i don't want a pos that won't return to zero, mind you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top