Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2010 5:34:33 AM EDT
Anybody here try out one of the new Nikon M-223 scopes yes...Range report please...
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My son has a 3-9x40 Monarch and I have an older monarch on a old 30-06. I am a  big Leopold fan simply because they work , have great glass and have never let me down in over 30 years of hunting.  I have bought nothing but leopold since 2000. My boy just purchased a Nikon M223 3-12x42 w/ side focus and the 600 yard BDC. For the money you cant go wrong. I will try to get him to post after his next couple of trips to the back yard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Which M223 are you talking about?  If you are looking at the low power one, I can't stand the "point blank" reticle or the exposed turrets.  If the low power model is what you want, I'd look at the Nikon African.  Both, from what I understand, sport Monarch glass and, in just my opinion, a better deal than the Leupolds that they compete with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Which M223 are you talking about?  If you are looking at the low power one, I can't stand the "point blank" reticle or the exposed turrets.  If the low power model is what you want, I'd look at the Nikon African.  Both, from what I understand, sport Monarch glass and, in just my opinion, a better deal than the Leupolds that they compete with.

Good point regarding a lower power AR scope.  For my AR carbine I am sporting a Weaver V7 scope..2.5-7 power and no exposed knobs.  That is because there is no reason to adjust windage and elevation on an AR carbine since it is a 300 meter center mass weapon.  It is mounted in a LaRue LT-104 mount.  Works perfectly.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't you just love the Weavers?  When I was shopping around for small scopes, I got the Weaver V3 as a "just for now" scope.  I used that for a couple of weeks and then got a Sightron, which has now been replaced by an ACOG TA33.  I am in the process of selling the Sightron, since I don't NEED it, but I'm gonna hang on to the Weaver V3.  It was dirt cheap and a great scope.  I'm not even gonna qualify that with the often heard "good for the money,"  it's just a plain old good scope at twice the price.  Optically, it's not too far behind the ACOG, but isn't nearly as cool.  LOL.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't you just love the Weavers?  When I was shopping around for small scopes, I got the Weaver V3 as a "just for now" scope.  I used that for a couple of weeks and then got a Sightron, which has now been replaced by an ACOG TA33.  I am in the process of selling the Sightron, since I don't NEED it, but I'm gonna hang on to the Weaver V3.  It was dirt cheap and a great scope.  I'm not even gonna qualify that with the often heard "good for the money,"  it's just a plain old good scope at twice the price.  Optically, it's not too far behind the ACOG, but isn't nearly as cool.  LOL.

Yes...the Weaver V Series are fantastic scopes.  All made in Japan.  I looked thru lots of scopes in a shop one time and the glass on them is real good.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top