Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2010 11:23:51 AM EDT
I have the SS 3-9 (.84" ?)  along with mbus's(.625", folded).

It seems like i could pull off the ADM recon (1.47") with less than a hair to spare..

and it surely seems like the lt-104 would fit, though the larue sit says mbus users shouldnt use it.

Using a PEPR, (1.59") I have 1/8" to spare.

That means I should be able to use either a Lt 104 or the ADM recon, correct?

I know this subject comes up every day but i have searched high and low and there seems to be no one using this setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to order the mount by end of biz today.

.fx

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
i went ahead and ordered the Ad-recon mount and installed it last night.

For anyone wondering, it did in fact allow the SS 3-9 to fit over the mbus. There might be minimal contact depending on where you mount it but you cant even tell. It does NOT affect the twist of the focus adjustment.

Measurements

Ad-recon   1.471" (30mm)

Mbus folded height .625"

Due to my calc, The SS 3-9  .845"

This also means that anyone wondering about the Larue 104 who uses the Swfa SS 3-9 WILL in fact have enough clearance over the gen I mbus.

just figured i would post for future wonderer's.

fx.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
For anyone else reading, the SS 10x or 20x w/ rear focus in an LT-104 will not clear a MBUS(gen I). It will require about 1/8" more clearance.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top