Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2010 5:41:22 PM EDT
Iam looking at getting a Magpul rear back up sight to mount in addition to my EOTech 512 on an A3 flat top. My concern is if it will all fit and function on just the flat top? Does anyone out there run this set up or know if it will work?
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes...this will fit just fine and still leave a tiny bit of room left over. I have over 20 officers using 517 (slightly larger than your 512) with an MBUS directly behind. There is plenty of room for both!
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Alrighty, sounds good. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Your fine. I recently added a magnifier & had to mount my 512 farther up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Iam looking at getting a Magpul rear back up sight to mount in addition to my EOTech 512 on an A3 flat top. My concern is if it will all fit and function on just the flat top? Does anyone out there run this set up or know if it will work?

yes, i have that exact set up and it works very well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, i have that exact set up and it works very well.

Me too....

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:20:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again guys and thanks for the pics too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#7]
You can mount even further forward if you want as well. I have mine actually going over/onto my quad rail. If your handguard will allow you can mount even farther forward like I did. This allows me easier acess to the Eotech's controls.

Here's how mine is mounted:
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top