Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2010 5:14:17 AM EDT
i appreciate any knowledge on repeatability (or any other gg&g fact.) please no more larue plugs; im only asking about gg&g. thank you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I am quite impressed with GG&G
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you. how is repeatability?
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got their QD cam lever  scout scope rail and an eotech cam lever, and they've always re-zeroed within 1moa (usually less)  when swapping between the two on my .308...
I'm very satisfied with them, my only issue is that the cam lever sticks out a good bit, so on a low-profile gun it may get in the way, but it's fine on my .308...

Just make sure and adjust it to lock down tightly.  You can get it to go snug, then one more rotation will be god-awful tight, but 1/2 revolution will be just right...

Link Posted: 1/26/2010 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you very much. does it ever pop open accidentally? how many lugs engage slots?is the lever reverseable? does the lever lock in closed position?
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thank you very much. does it ever pop open accidentally? how many lugs engage slots?is the lever reverseable? does the lever lock in closed position?

Never pops open, the lever ends up where it ends up.   There is only one cross-bolt that actually engages the slot, but the whole left side of the rail for about 5" engages the rail for repeatable alignment.  Depending on your rail tolerance, it may be forwards or backwards. You pull the lever straight out (away from mount) and rotate it until it locks up tightly when you close it. This allows it to fit practically any rail (even out-of-spec rails). But it locks in either position...  Are you looking for a scope mount like mine (or with integral rings) or an Eotech mount?
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
you have a nice rig. i am looking 4 a mount with integral rings& the ggg seems best so ivalue your real life experience
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, you won't be disappointed.
Just make sure to properly adjust the cam (find the right "notch") where it is tight, but still removable, and it will work great.
I like the tool-less adjustment of the cam.

Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
you r the only respondant ive had that is of value. all others push larue, so much so that i get larue nausia. besides, i cant see the logic of the larue mount that ultimately rests the scope tube on a thin strip of metal sandwiched between 2 concave sides.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I have 5 of the integral ring mounts. One is on the gun in my Avatar...

Zero is not a problem... Eye relief may be. Even the cantilevered mount doesn't provide room for a lot of relief.

What's your application?

Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#10]
With the Larue, i think the geometry of the lower portions of the rings causes it to self-stabilize when you tighten them down, and i think the design is so that you can use 1", 30mm or 34mm rings on the same base if you change scopes later.  GG&G integral bases are one size.  But i went with the scout rail anyway, so i could use any rings i wanted...

Not apples to apples, but:

Larue: $195

GG&G: $200
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#11]
i have a s&w mp15. & i am mounting a burris 3x9 short mag with a mad .  is the ggg one piece std. mount okay 4 me ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#12]
mp15 with mad & burris 3x9 short mag
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Yup, for the right height and eye relief, that's probably your best bet with the integral-ring models.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Full disclosure...

I prefer the finish and over all design of most Larue stuff, but I prefer the clamping method of the Accucam.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Full disclosure...

I prefer the finish and over all design of most Larue stuff, but I prefer the clamping method of the Accucam.

Same here....
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#17]
As a self proclaimed engineer, I'm wondering why you're having a tough time figuring it out.  Look at the design, and do all of us peons a huge favor....and enlighten us.  You've already made it painfully obvious that you don't give a shit what any of us say.

Put a GGG on your fake ACOG and report back with quantifiable results.

Cheers.

Link Posted: 1/31/2010 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Another option to consider is the ADM Recon.  It's rock solid and has great repeatability––also a little cheaper than the GG&G or LaRue.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/motovarmint/ADMRecon.jpg
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As a self proclaimed engineer, I'm wondering why you're having a tough time figuring it out.  Look at the design, and do all of us peons a huge favor....and enlighten us.  You've already made it painfully obvious that you don't give a shit what any of us say.

Put a GGG on your fake ACOG and report back with quantifiable results.

Cheers.

Haha, oh yea, it WAS MeLee with the Fakog wasn't it
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Umm I hate to break it to you guys, but GG&G DOES make good stuff.

I have heard they are guaranteed to at worst 1/2MOA repeatability.

Although LaRue or ADM may be a little better design and maybe newer, GG&G is by no means a slouch in the optics world. Just a little less common, thats all
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#21]
you should go back & actually read what i posted. your comment is unfounded.  for some reason , people are eager to berate a.r.m.s. ( i dont care either way ) .  but if your sacred mount is questioned you freak .  did it ever occur to you that you act like a pack of democrats. attacking a man personally instead of discussing the details of the issue ? its only a stupid piece of metal .  by all means, be happy with it .
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
duplicate - name calling - arguing
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top