Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:22:57 PM EDT
I had my EOTech on my Carry Handle AR, mounted on a forward mount goose neck adapter. I sold that gun and have a M4 16" AR flat top now.

I was wondering if there was a correct mounting point on the shorter rifle. I mounted the optic midway on the rail, and the front sight really showed up as co witness. The holo alignment seems to be perfect in reference to the front sight as it sets. The middle dot of the holo sight is dead on the top of the front sight blade.

I don't remember noticing the sight on my old AR, and I thought maybe that was because it was mounted far forward.

I'm adding a Troy rear fold down battle sight to the rail, so I will need to move the EOTech forward a bit any way

I am horribly far sighted, and have a severe case of astigmatism too.

Looking forward to you guys knowledge.

Thanks

Gene
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I would put it as far forward as you can and still open your battery compartment and not touch the handguard or rail in front of the receiver.  Dont shoot the gap unless you are free float and have no gap.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top