Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:02:06 AM EDT
So I have the multiplier with the T1 and I get the fuzzy star and sometimes double looking star when I look through both.  I like my setup with the Larue mounts but can't get over the fuzzy star when using the multiplier.  It's not as pronounced when just using the T1 so I can live with it.  I have read here that others have similar problems with this setup if their eyes are not perfect like mine.

My question is there another Aimpoint model that might reduce the double star or am I going to have to live with it.  My guess is that it will probally be a problem for all red dot type systems.  

THanks for any info
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#1]
As everyone's degree of astigmatism is different, what you see through the same Aimpoint might be different than what I see.  That being said, the T1 and M4 have the most pronounced amount of distortion to my eyes due to my astigmatism.  The ML2 and ML3 models seem to have less to my eyes, particularly when compared using the 3X magnifier.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Molon thanks for the quick comments.  Might have to look into the ML2 and ML3 models.  Maybe for Christmas or a ACOG.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#3]
We're all different, that's for sure, as for my poor vision the M4 has the best dot, particularly through the 3X.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Get proper glasses that correct your astigmatism bro
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Lasik
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Astigmatisms are not always 100% correctable with eye glasses.  Also, I train with my defensive carbines without glasses because you just might not have your eye glasses immediately available (and undamaged) when you need to use your defensive carbine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Astigmatisms are not always 100% correctable with eye glasses.  Also, I train with my defensive carbines without glasses because you just might not have your eye glasses immediately available (and undamaged) when you need to use your defensive carbine.

What about contacts?  I have a slight astigmatism, and toric contact lens corrected it 100%.

I'm not doubting you, I'm asking an honest question.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe the degree of astigmatism that you are afflicted with, will determine if the 3X magnifier is for you.  Even with corrective lenses, I just see a bunch of grapes magnified.  But without glasses, and using the RDS by itself,  I am able to acquire my target with less difficulty. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe the degree of astigmatism that you are afflicted with, will determine if the 3X magnifier is for you.  Even with corrective lenses, I just see a bunch of grapes magnified.  But without glasses, and using the RDS by itself,  I am able to acquire my target with less difficulty. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What about contacts?  I have a slight astigmatism, and toric contact lens corrected it 100%.

I'm not doubting you, I'm asking an honest question.

I have heard that contacts do a better job of correcting astigmatisms, but I haven't tried them yet.  As with glasses, contacts might not always be inserted or available when your defensive carbine is needed, so I  would still continue training with my naked Mark 1 eyeballs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not transition to 1-4x variable optics (coming from a guy who also has astigmatism)?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why not transition to 1-4x variable optics (coming from a guy who also has astigmatism)?

You mean like this?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I also have contacts and the T-1 + magnifier is quite a blobby mess, more like a diagonal figure 8 shape under magnification.
I have no problem seeing the EOTech and the TR24 German No. 4 reticules.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Dont have a diagnosed astigmatism...but when looking for a 1x, the aimpoint's all had blob's (tried on rentals at scottsdale gun club).....and without the 3x to compound it...i ended up with a prismatic 1x and a variable....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

For close shooting a smallish blob is ok.  If I squint I can get that blob to look like a ball but only do that for zeroing.  

With the magnifier I get a blob or figure 8 but again with squinting and moving my head around I can get a crisper dot.  1-4x might be an option or get an ACOG.  Just throwing ideas around but I like the magnifier + red dot idea.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top