Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:18:32 PM EDT
I've been looking for an optic for one of my AR's for awhile now. I had a TA01 ACOG, but I didn't like the fixed magnification or the BDC. The fixed magnification makes it an annoyance when shooting at close range (< 100yds) and the BDC will hardly ever match up to the varying loads I shoot. I'd like something that can be both accurate on paper out to ~2-300yds and preferably have a red-dot incorporated. Magnification isn't a must, but I'd prefer something more accurate than a 2 MOA blurry dot on an Aimpoint.I don't like Accupoints as the tritium can burn out (I don't like having to pay to send the scope in for repairs, even if it is only every 10 years) and EOTechs are out of the question.

The only sight that's come close to what I'm looking for is the Elcan SpecterRD, but that sight is ~$1900 and it has a BDC. Is there anything comparable, yet in a smaller price category? I can afford the Specter, I'm just hoping there's something better out there.

Thanks and regards!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
How about a Leopold Prismatic?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How about a Leopold Prismatic?

I'm new to optics in general (almost always shot with irons in growing up), so feel free to expound/provide links/explain why it might be a good choice? Thanks =)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Meopta K Dot?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Meopta K Dot?

That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Before I commit myself to it, is there anything similar that comes close (besides the S&B Short Dot - not dropping ~$2500 on an optic for an AR)?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top