Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:49:51 PM EDT
I purchased an ARMS #40L in late 2006 and am trying to sell it on the EE. I got an IM from a potential buyer about the safety cable on the locking nut being missing. When I purchased it from ARMS I am positive that the cable was not on the sight and that I did not cut anything off of the sight when I got it.

So, my question is, has the safety cable always been part of the sight or was it added in later generations of the sight?

If it has always been a feature of the sight, I guess I got screwed by ARMS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You wouldn't be the first.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 40 that I bought before 2006 and it does Not have the safety cable.

Bought a 40L this year which Does have the cable.

Maybe it's a more recent thing?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The older ones did not come with the retention cable.  Loctite it and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The 40L is a fantastic rear sight. You will be hard pressed to find a better replacement. Here is what the cabled model looks like:

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Being relatively new to BRD, my first buis was the 40L which I mounted on my CMMG M4 flat top upper.  I could not zero my rifle with that buis.  I was always shooting too low.  My front sight on the tower was adjusted as far as it would go.  

I exchanged it for a GG&G MAD buis and zeroed the rifle without any problems.  Furthermore, the rear flip peep sights design for the 40L was too tedious to manipulate.  Oh, and that cable holding onto the block that would attach to the rail, well that came off as well.  I just didn't have good luck at all with that sight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The 40L is a fantastic rear sight. You will be hard pressed to find a better replacement. Here is what the cabled model looks like:

<a href="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/mtgale00/ARMS%2040L/DSC01425.jpg" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/mtgale00/ARMS%2040L/th_DSC01425.jpg</a>

Another satisfied user.  In fact, I have the 40L-P

This sight requires an "F" front sight assembly or it will shoot low.   See page 81 of THE BLACK RIFLE II for a photo and explanation

Bushmaster makes a slightly taller front sight post to accommodate  a non "F" sight assembly.  Scroll down at link below.

Due to the aperture height on this sight, you should order the .040 taller Front Sight Post

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=21
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
No idea why this triple posted
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#8]
No idea why this triple posted
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#9]
You didnt get screwed.  ARMS added the cable on new generation sights.   ARMS flip up rear sights are the only sights I use period.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top