Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2009 8:04:41 AM EDT
Explain why I would want one over another similarly-priced scope. The two models I'm considering are the TR21 and TR24.

My only hold-back is that I believe in buying once and paying once. I take care of my things (and my guns), so I have no doubt I would keep the scope for the next 15+ years. The idea of having to pay to recharge the Tritium doesn't sit well with me, nor the tiny chance that the scope might become obsolete and therefore not rechargeable. Again, I just don't like buying something that I KNOW will fail without use over time. It's not the money, it's the principle of the matter.

The other optics I was considering were Aimpoints or similar priced performing scopes (though I honestly don't know of too many that can compete with the Accupoint for their price).

Thanks =)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The tritium only comes into play in low light situations. Any other time the fiber optic makes the reticle very bright. I have a 3-9 and its easily my favorite scope. Very fast onto target at the low end, and very crisp at 9x. The only time its a bit dim is in a dark area looking into day light - the fiber optic doesn't collect much light, and the tritium can't compete against the daylight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top