Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 6:16:05 PM EDT
I have a "standard" AR with a traditional carry handle upper and I want to add a Trijicon Reflext sight; what is the best mounting set up? I see that Trijicon has a nice mount that would put the scope ahead of the handle and just over the hand guard and I think that looks pretty slick. However, if I've learned anything about AR's it's that there are always 20+ ways to skin a cat.

So, what are my options? What works "best"?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
For your carry handle, your options are limited to a gooseneck mount. I'd suggest that you swap out your fixed A2 upper for a A3/A4 upper. It'll cost you around $100 and open up many more optics options for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a fixed carry handle on my ar15 and changed it out for a flat top reciever. I tried all of the goose neck mounts but they never were just the right fit. I got a flat top from Bravo Co. and a local member put it on for me. I them turned around and sold the receiver on the EE. I got a couple different BUIS with the money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a fixed carry handle on my ar15 and changed it out for a flat top reciever. I tried all of the goose neck mounts but they never were just the right fit. I got a flat top from Bravo Co. and a local member put it on for me. I them turned around and sold the receiver on the EE. I got a couple different BUIS with the money.

I think that is what I am going to end up doing as well. Bravo Company is about an hour away from me so I may take a drive some afternoon and go see if they can help me out.

thanks.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top