Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2009 10:27:49 PM EDT
a friend of mine is putting together is very first ar15 clone

i thought he  was going to go with high rings but they were not high enough , he is on a tight budget if found a low priced b square but i was telling him for that price he could get something better so i got to looking and saw the $20 primary arms mount looks well made but the single screw is kind of questionable  i think 2 would be more secure but i could be wrong so i'm asking

or any other suggestions

Thanks

Bill
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the burris pepr or ssalt? for a cheap non qd mount, or if hes really tight a yhm scout riser w/ rings works good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell your friend to get two YHM risers or the raised scope mount

Two short are ~ $25
Two long are ~ $35

The raised scope mount is ~ $35

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been using the primary arms mount and it does the job just fine. I use it with a 1-3 weaver, with the inserts no problem at all. Fit and finish is surprisingly good for an inexpensive mount.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the burris PEPR that and ARMS products are what i use

but my buddy is on a budget and he is not a tacticool or high end product kind of guy he just wants something that works for cheap
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top