Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 3:18:44 PM EDT
I just bought a set of Troy back-up irons and when I mount them on the top rail of my rifle they both tilt a good five degrees to the left?

I had a MI front buis that did the same thing so I thought my daniel defense rail or receiver were to blame.
But when I tried them on other rails and receivers the condition was unchanged...

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
need pics
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Need pics.  It's probably normal.  Mine have a slight cant to the left as well.  Not 5 degrees though.  I've noticed that a lot of things that tighten down with a screw like that have a slight cant to the non-fixed side of the mount.  Is it affecting your zero?  Have you zeroed yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunatly, I am unable to post pictures because I don't own a digital camera.

As to weither it affects zero... it does not. Although I'm sure it would if the range were long enough.

However, I was able to remedy the problem with a few aluminum shims.
Now they sit up straight.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are using "shims" with a Troy buis something is really wrong. There should be no shims in your gun.  Find out what the problem is and fix it.  Don't bet your life on shims.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you are using "shims" with a Troy buis something is really wrong. There should be no shims in your gun.  Find out what the problem is and fix it.  Don't bet your life on shims.

+1.  If it was not affecting zero then I would remove those shims.  They should not be there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Troy may make a good sight, but in my time here, I've heard of more issues with this sight than all others put together.
Color me unimpressed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Troy may make a good sight, but in my time here, I've heard of more issues with this sight than all others put together.
Color me unimpressed.

Uh oh!! You said a bad thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Color me unimpressed.

Uh oh!! You said a bad thing.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top