Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:57:29 PM EDT
I'm sure it is quality, but what do you think?  I've heard people say that it has some downsides, but they didn't specifically mention what they were.  I'm looking for a magnified optic with a budget of around $1200.  So the Nightforce 1-4x with a Larue SPR mount would just hit that.  I'm also considering a TA11 but am leaning towards a variable.  This would be going on a BCM middy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The only downside to the NF 1-4x is that the illuminated reticle isn't daylight visible.  A Meopta has a brighter reticle, which is useful for CQB-type shooting, as my eye picks up the illuminated reticle faster.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The only downside to the NF 1-4x is that the illuminated reticle isn't daylight visible.  A Meopta has a brighter reticle, which is useful for CQB-type shooting, as my eye picks up the illuminated reticle faster.

+1

Only thing I don't like about the NF is the lack of brightness...and the price.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You may need the SPR-E mount with this scope -if you shoot NTCH.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Im having a hard time deciding between the NF 1-4, TR24 and Mark 4 1.5-5 myself.  Also interested in feedback on the NF.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same reason why I use the Meopta K-dot

I have a NF 5.5-22x on my bolt gun. IMO, you can get away with having good glass vs excellent glass on a low powered optic because the detail is still to low to be able to discern any big differences.

There's other factors that are more important than clarity for a CQB type scope, such as FOV and ability to pick up the reticle.

I don't notice a difference in optical clarity between the NF on 5.5x and the K-dot on 4x
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top