Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2009 10:51:28 AM EDT
Does anyone make flip down scope covers for the CompM4s? Butler Creek maybe? Is it even possible with this scope?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The M4 uses the same size Flip-up Covers as the M3.  
The OEM Flip-ups from Aimpoint are made by Butler Creek.  
The only issue with using them is the front one will have to be removed when you replace the battery, but having to do this every 8 years shouldn't be an issue.
Sorry don't know the size Butler Creek you need.

Brownells has the OEM Flip-ups:

Brownells
Front #100-003-612  /  Rear #100-003-616
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Well after much digging I found the info and want to share it in case someone else has this same issue:

MilitaryMorons website says that the Aimpoint scope covers 12223 and 12224 (one each) fit on the CompM4s.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.optics.html#m4

I bought them from OpticsPlanet (unfortunately, they are $17 each, pretty pricey for a piece of plastic if you ask me).
The front cover fit very snuggly and was difficult to put on. The rear one went on easy. Both covers have a ridge on the inside that fits into a groove on the optic and helps hold the cover in place.

But overall a far superior solution than the rubber doo-dad that ships with the optic. Too bad after spending over $600, a decent set of covers couldn't be included.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
There are also flip-up clear plastic covers available, which are particularly nice and I believe similarly priced.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Update:  it is necessary to remove the front flip up cover in order to change the battery. Very annoying, considering how difficult it is to get the cover off and back on again. Luckly the CompM4s has such as long battery life.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top