Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:33:24 PM EDT
I'm being told two different things by two different people. One is that the T-1 will not Co-Witness with AR BUIS's (Troy Sights in particular) so I need a raising mount and another person is telling me I don't need a raised sight for the same thing. I am talking about the lower 1/3 of the sight picture and yes they are both trying to sell me their T-1's. I did a search with no avail. May I have clarrification on this?

Thanks Gents!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm being told two different things by two different people. One is that the T-1 will not Co-Witness with AR BUIS's (Troy Sights in particular) so I need a raising mount and another person is telling me I don't need a raised sight for the same thing. I am talking about the lower 1/3 of the sight picture and yes they are both trying to sell me their T-1's. I did a search with no avail. May I have clarrification on this?

Thanks Gents!!

The T-1 by it self is a very low mounting optic.  You will need a riser to get lower 1/3 co-witness.  LaRue and other companies offer risers for that purpose.

You may want to see if these sellers are including an after market riser or not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Without some kind of riser mount the T-1 is not only too low to cowitness irons on an AR, it's just plain too low to use even without any irons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that Daniel Defense is working on a "Co-Witness" mount to go along with their "Lower 1/3" mount.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My understanding is that Daniel Defense is working on a "Co-Witness" mount to go along with their "Lower 1/3" mount.

Might be a bit on that one seeing as they arent working on anything right now...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are how two of Larue's mounts co-witness.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Great pic here. I use the lower 1/3 (LT660) on both of my Micros and love it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Everyone! Got the LaRue 660 with the T-1! Can't wait to pysically get it now!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks Everyone! Got the LaRue 660 with the T-1! Can't wait to pysically get it now!

It's the best dot-sight combo I've ever owned or used. Congrats!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top