Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2009 8:46:06 PM EDT
What say the Hive? Real or Fake? Sure has a few of them with a good opening bid....might be snipeworthy with eBays buyer protection plan if legit.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/vanessa_lw08_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ25

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a heads up
ebays buyer protection is only ok, I have lost a case as a buyer and as a seller...
I bought a "%100 authentic north face jacket"
what I got was a cheap, and I mean cheap knock off, it wasnt even the color advertised.
lots of documentation, including pictures and 5 weeks after I bought it, they sided with the seller...
I sold a tom tom GPS, the buyer says they want to return it, ok fine send it back and I will refund when it gets here.
I get a box with a part of a brick and a lot of news paper, 3 weeks later paypal sides with the buyer...
If I am ever in Idaho, I am knocking on someones door, I saved their address, its been about a year and a half, and I am still very bitter.

all that said, I still use ebay, heck, I just made a $50 purchase and about $150 dollars in the sale of a few items

What I am trying to say is, I bet you can find the same price through a reputable store if you look some.  Now no, I havent researched what your looking for to be sure its true, but I think in most cases it is.
Ebay is alright, but I would never spend over maybe $150 from their, and I would be cautious, even with feedback, my jacket seller had over +1,000, my GPS buyer had about 100 positive, both intentionally cheated me and got away with paypal on their side
just be careful with it, and please dont count on seller protection
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Check w/Tommy at Smartgunner.com for great prices & customer service. He also sells on Ebay under the name "angula".
HTH, keep us posted...
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at that seller. Only 27 feedbacks with 96.4% rating. Pass. Not enough in my book.

The only way I'll buy a big ticket item on ebay is through a highly rated and reputable/known dealer. That way you know you're not getting a fake.
Smart Gunner aka angula is top notch. He's 100% legit and runs a nice operation through his online store and ebay.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Only buy from business with a record of positive feedback ...even the name of this one sounds fishy . most will provide ample enough pics to determine the quality of their goods, I would steer clear of this one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Only buy from business with a record of positive feedback ...even the name of this one sounds fishy . most will provide ample enough pics to determine the quality of their goods, I would steer clear of this one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I brought an ACOG TA31RC-M4CP last week on ebay for $843. There are always great deals on ebay but watch out for this one. I email them and ask if it's authentic but notice the 7 days return but it will take 12-19 business shipping. Also he/she sold only 2 scopes in the last 90 days and one of them is for an Aimpoint M4 for $250 with a buy-it-now option.
Could be legit or just a buddy setting the sale up to look good.

I would be careful on this one since there is another guy selling Aimpoint M2 on ebay for $289 shipped and several people have positive feedbacks on that guy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
seller is in fayettville, NC....multiple military issue aimpoints...

hmm..Fort Bragg missing any aimpoints from the armory?

i'd ask "are they New, IN BOX" or just "new" in cardboard NSN wrappers...lol

smelly smelly smelly
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
DON'T DO IT, not enough info or DETAILED PICS,etc. Also feedback rating is below average.

These look alot more safer:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=AIMPOINT+COMPML2+4+MOA+RED+DOT+SIGHT

I bought my NEW Comp ML2 couple weeks ago for 380.00 shipped and it is 100% authentic.  There really are some awesome deals on ebay!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

seller is in fayettville, NC....multiple military issue aimpoints...

hmm..Fort Bragg missing any aimpoints from the armory?

i'd ask "are they New, IN BOX" or just "new" in cardboard NSN wrappers...lol

smelly smelly smelly

Thought the same thing.  Its a trap!

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What say the Hive? Real or Fake? Sure has a few of them with a good opening bid....might be snipeworthy with eBays buyer protection plan if legit.

Buy one and let me know...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Probably some army brat with a drug problem and daddy's key to the equipment room.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok guys.....admit it!

Who bought one??
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Back a year ago when Microsoft Live was running their cashback program, I picked up a Aimpoint T-1 on ebay (had to be to use the Live promotion).  At the time, the T-1 was new so it was unlikely that any were Chinese knockoffs.

Seller was "sinkholesale" and got exactly what I expected, a brand new T-1.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Check w/Tommy at Smartgunner.com for great prices & customer service. He also sells on Ebay under the name "angula".
HTH, keep us posted...
Tomac

I bought an Aimpoint T-1 and magnifier from him.  Good prices and it was especially sweet cause I got the 30% cashback.  In glad that cashback thing went away or else I'd be super broke.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top