Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2009 3:40:07 AM EDT
Hi.  Does anyone have this scope and can make any comments about it?  There being sold on GunBroker.  There are two sizes available the 3x9x40  and 6x24x50.  They are made by SEALs.  Not sure what company that is. It appears to have some high end features at a low end price.  The 3x9x40 is $113 total with S/H.  The 6x24x50 is around $260 plus S/H with a 5 day inspection period and full refund to include return S/H.

I just bought the 3x9x40 to find out.  Will post back once I have scope to test it.    

I am really hoping someone on this site has one now that can comment on the overall quality and performance.  

Thanks,
Tony

Here is what the description for the scopes say-
 "Up for sale is a new Seals 3-9X40 scope. Features include 1/4 MOA knobs, 1 inch tube, fully multi coated camera optic lenses made in Japan, nitrogen filled, fog, water, and shock proof, one piece machined tube, textured tactical finish, and red illuminated mil-dot reticle with 11 brightness settings. The optics of this scope are unbelievable and the clarity of the images are second to none. I am so SURE that you will find this scope comparable to the quality and clarity of the nightforce scopes at a fraction of the price, that I will allow a 5 day inspection period and if you are not satisfied, then I will give a full refund and pay the return shipping. If you have any questions just e-mail me "

Here is the link for information on the 6x24x50-
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134399738

Link Posted: 7/18/2009 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
you can't buy high end glass for a cheap price
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea I really dout you can compare them to Nightforce but if they are really made in Japan I'm sure they will be decent quality as a lot of quality manf. here have their scopes made in Japan.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, you couldn't buy just the glass for a NF for that price. It might not be bad for an elcheapo plinker/rim fire  scope, but I try to stay away that stuff. I'm so poor I have to save up for Millett or Bushnell 3200, but I haven't been unhappy yet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
1/8 MOA?  "clarity of the images are second to none"?  The guy is full of crap.  Does it come with a bottle of snake oil and certificate of ownership of the Golden Gate bridge?
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't expect too much because it won't be anything special.  Sounds like just another knockoff trying to sell by attaching a Special Operations name to it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]

That's all I going to say.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Center Point 3-9x40, Walmart $54.98! If you decide this is what you like, it will last a while on a .22, or you will get most of your cash back on the EE or fleabay. Then you can find something decent for the grownups rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, but that GB add is 100% bullshit.  OP- you should have saved your money for a good scope.  You can't cut corners on optics, you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually think NF scopes are cheap for what you get.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Feedback from a buyer of that scope on GunBroker (from that seller):  "A+++ The sope was decent but not upto"Nightforce
standards" although it's a good knockoff, but Russ stood by his word
and refunded sale immediately. Thanks Russ for being an up front guy"
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#13]
My Seal 3x9x40 scope arrived and his is my review.  Total costs with S/H was $114.00.  Overall for the price this scope offers very clear optics, better then anything else in scopes for this price range. I had a Simmons and a friend had a Walmart Centerfire we compared it to.  The clearity and finish winner was the Seals.  The fit and finish are 8 on a scale of 10.  I mounted it on my Yugo. SKS.  Have not had a chance to test fire and check if scope will maintain zero but for low rescoil rifles like a SKS, I sure it would be fine.  On high recoil rifles it would be interesting to find out.   The scope came with a 5 day inspection and free return S/H if desired but for the price of $114, I kept it.   As far as being compared to a Nightforce this is not in the same class but as mentioned above it worth the price.  

Another good deal I came across on the Natchez Shooter Supplies site is they have Zeiss scopes at the best prices I found anywhere.  Limited quaities because they are selling fast but I picked up a 3X9X40 Conquest Matte with #20 for $419.19.  They have fast delivery.  I am mouting this one on a Romanian PSL Rifle witha center scope mount.    

Seals 3-9X40 scope. Features include 1/4 MOA knobs, 1 inch tube, fully multi coated camera optic lenses made in Japan, nitrogen filled, fog, water, and shock proof, one piece machined tube, textured tactical finish, and red illuminated mil-dot reticle with 11 brightness settings.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top