Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:11:31 PM EDT
So... I have an eotech 552.A65...

I was changing batteries on it, and when I put in the new batteries (they work in everything else but the sight)... it will not turn on (yes they are put in correctly).

All the metal connectors look to be in good working order and the springs in the battery compartment are facing upwards and all of that jazz.

Any ideas? It's older than 2 years old, so their warranties would not apply.

Am I SOL? Or does anyone besides EoTech do repair work on them?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
silly question but have you checked your NV button

if not i have a better answer.

Trijicon /aimpoint
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
silly question but have you checked your NV button

if not i have a better answer.

Trijicon /aimpoint

I did check... no dice :(

Yeah... but I got this a while ago for $50 (not a typo)... haha... and It's worked great until now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
$50 Eo?  I have seen a few bargains in my time but this is one for the record books.  

Does it have a made in China sticker on the bottom?  Not starting shit BTW...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$50 Eo?  I have seen a few bargains in my time but this is one for the record books.  

Does it have a made in China sticker on the bottom?  Not starting shit BTW...

Naw... It's legit. It was one a cop buddy was sold to him by his dept for $50, and he didn't want to sell it for more than he put into it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Try cleaning the contacts.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

what would you recommend? Just a dry cloth and wipe?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
just try a dry cloth and if that doesn't work maybe lemon juice or isopropyl alcohol or distilled water in a small quantity
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what would you recommend? Just a dry cloth and wipe?

Pencil eraser works well.
Tomac

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]
At the price you paid, even if Eotech charged you to repair it, it would be worth it. If all else fails send it in for a service
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At the price you paid, even if Eotech charged you to repair it, it would be worth it. If all else fails send it in for a service

So I emailed EoTech customer service... and I talked to him about the problem.. He thinks that it's the battery cap has a bad connector.

So he's sending me a new Battery Cap (Free of charge) to see if that fixes the problem. If not I'll just send it into EoTech for a $58 fix job...

So even if I have to send it in (worst case scenario).. I've only sank $120 into it, so I really can't complain either way

Thanks for all your help you guys, I'll let you know if it was the cap or not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#11]
No, I don't think you can complain with that. Let us know what happens with the new cap.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top