User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:37:46 PM EDT
Anyone have any info on release date?

This is what I'm talking about:

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
cool looking optic mount, neat for the adjustable ranging....

no info on it, but tag for some...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
cool looking optic mount, neat for the adjustable ranging....

no info on it, but tag for some...

The Matech BUIS is the best I've used so far, so I really like the idea of this mount.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Info!!! GIMME!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a long thread about it at m4carbine.net a little while back that may help you out. I remember some complaining about the heavy weight of the sight due to it being designed for an M2 or some other heavy recoil rifle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It's meant for light and medium MG use. Here is some info from Freddie Blish, aimpoints mil. guy.

As I mentioned on the phone the other day, these mounts were conceived by me over 1 1/2 years ago. We have been working with MaTech to develop them as they already make the Picatinny BUIS that adjust for range from 200-600M.

It has been tested by numerous USMC, US Army, and SOCOM units on M249 and M240 in CONUS and OCONUS with excellent results. The 556 Mount for the M249/MK46 will range from 100-800M and the 762 Mount for the M240/MK48 will range from 300-1100M (although initial samples were 100-800M where made which for military 7.62 application is not suitable).

Some people considered and thought suitable the use of these mounts for application on carbines in both calibers. Although it was not the original intended purpose it might have application. Pat tested an early prototype that helped identify some shortfalls for that use that have been addressed. We recently ID some shortfalls with the opposing throw levers of the mount that MaTech is correcting.

With regards to availability for commercial sales I can't answer that as it is being produced by MaTech. We do have numerous military orders pending.

A previous post with regards to the "4 MOA" size being "too big" is erroneous. It is actually closer to "3 MOA" in size and I have repeatedly placed the Micro T-1 and 2 MOA CompM4 on the same rail to compare dot size for people. When I adjust the dot of the T-1 down one setting people can't tell the difference. For those LF's who have seen the comparison please jump in to confirm.

Also, this mount will work with the 3X Magnifier. Plus, a good 7.62 machinegun team has a team leader (or AGunner) spotting targets and adjusting fire. A 1X sight is much better for the gunner (shooting both eyes open) with regards to tracking the dot and the tracers during firing. A magnified optic will experience too much vibration on a belt fed and the gunner will have difficulty maintaining a good sight picture.

Hope this clarifies things.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top