Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:56:20 PM EDT
I am considering getting the cantilever mount for a M3, I think m68? I was wondering if you can remove those and put them back on and it still be zeroed? Also, What mount from Larue would everybody recommend for a tactical scope, can you remove these and put them back on and it be zeroed also?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Larue website, they have videos and testimonials about their repeatability, you should be good to go
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've removed and remounted my LT-129-mounted ML3 countless times.  It's held zero every time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also go to the LaRue forum in the Industry section in here.

In order to better help you, there are 2 mounts for the M3/ML3.  One is straight, one cantilevered.  It is a matter of preference.

Yes, LaRue mounts maintain zero.

Scope mounts are a personal choice, and depends also on what scope you are mounting.  Again, go to the LaRue forum, and they will help you out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Put them back in the same rail slot and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]

My LaRue LT-129 cantilever Aimpoint QD mount

LaRue QD mounts are the best in return to zero performance and quality.

There are some videos that shows they throw the Aimpoint with these mounts on the gravel a few times, shown the Aimpoint full of scratches and dents then after mounting it on the same position, there is no change in zero (check out the Aimpoint tacked threads).

I wouldn't recommend owners doing that.

Both straight and cantilever models LaRue Aimpoint QD mounts have a spare battery compartments.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am considering getting the cantilever mount for a M3, I think m68? I was wondering if you can remove those and put them back on and it still be zeroed? Also, What mount from Larue would everybody recommend for a tactical scope, can you remove these and put them back on and it be zeroed also?

As far as I'm concerned, it doesnt get any better than Larue.  Not only is the quality of their products insanely great, but their customer service and relations is second to none.

If you are looking for a traditional scope mount for your AR, go with the SPR or SPR-E.  They return to zero as well.

Also, I would order directly from the Larue website; there is a good chance you might get some extra goodies in your package
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top