Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:15:08 AM EDT
Ok,

No one was any help in Team, so I'll get specific here.

I'm considering purchasing an Osprey 3-12x56 Illuminated Sniper Reticle Rifle Scope for my budget hunting package.

Does anyone have any experience with these or the brand?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a well liked scope on this board.

What is your budget / usage...someone will offer something better.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
$100 to $150.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
For that range you will be looking at budget scopes.  Some ideas of what you sould be looking at if you want a 4-12X tacticalish scope:

Bushnell Dusk&Dawn Illuminated

Millet Buck Gold

Nikon Buckmaster

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This has been getting good reviews and the guy that sells them stands behind what he sells.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=142&t=678738

He also sells the Osprey
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I sell these scopes also, and I stand behind them.  I recommend the tactical line over their hunting line, even for a hunting gun.  The glass on these is good, and their warranty cannot be beat.  IMHO these scopes should be priced as high as the Nikon, Bushnell, etc.  I have had lots of experience with these scopes.  Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Osprey ROCKS!!!!!!! I have an Osprey 6-24x50 on my DPMS LR-308 and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have put 800 rounds through my gun with the OSPREY on and I still have never had to re-zero the scope!! I can hold a .25" group 300 yards with it all day long.... I also use this set up for coyote hunting in all types of weather. On one such hunt in Dec. it was 20 degrees outside with a heavy fog, visibility was maybe 15', my Osprey didnt fog up or act up what so ever, I cant say the same for a buddy of mine who was using an $1100 Leupold..
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I just ordered this one.  As with anything, I've seen good and bad reviews.  If it sucks... I'll just send it back (looks like it as a great warranty).

Link to scope page at Nachez

Thanks for the help guys.

I'll report back in the future.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top