Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2009 4:42:16 PM EDT
Hi guys,

Already decided on scope and mount make, tried calling ADM many times but no answer, can anyone help?

RECON
http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=5

RECON-X
http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=8

Thx!

H
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You know everyone is going to say "neither, get the Larue" right? Anyway, it depends on how you shoot, if NTCH then the recon X if you sit back a bit then the regular recon should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
haha yeah I know there's a lot of LT fans here :) but ADM is the option at the moment.  I personally like it closer to the glass so I guess Ill just go with RECON then.

Now does anyone know when is the Trijicon TR24G (Green) comning out?

Thx
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If the eye relief on the 24 is anything like the 21s then you would probably want to get the Recon X

I have a Recon X on now and it rocks

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Shite! just ordered the RECON! well does anyone here know what eye relieve is like on TR24?  From what I know some TR24-3 are out in the market already...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
the tr24 doesnt have as much eye relief as the tr21 so the regular mount should be cool from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thx enkry!  Guess now i just need to wait for the TR24G to come out....
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is mine...

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
If you shoot NTCH, you'll likely need the X.  If you shoot further back, there's more flexibility, depending on your stock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the tr24 doesnt have as much eye relief as the tr21 so the regular mount should be cool from what I've heard.

That is correct. The TR24-3G I have is mounted in a LaRue LT-104, which puts the rear of the scope back to the end of the rails above the charging handle. Eye relief is perfect for me where it sits. If I recall correctly, the eye relief is a little over 3 inches - no where near the 5 inches on the TR-21.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Great news Ole, thx for the info.! Guess RECON is the right one for TR24G.  Now how do you find it at 1 power comparing to Aimpoint or Eotech?  Thats my other concern...

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top