Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:02:37 PM EDT
Can the red dot in an aimmpoint "burn out".  Is it possible or has anyone had it happen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so, the only thing i would worry about is your battery dying.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
LED's do have a service life although I haven't been able to get Aimpoint to tell me exactly what that is. However, others have estimated at least 80,000-100,000hrs and that would explain why some of the old original military M2's are reporting dim reticles even w/fresh batteries.
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LED's do have a service life although I haven't been able to get Aimpoint to tell me exactly what that is. However, others have estimated at least 80,000-100,000hrs and that would explain why some of the old original military M2's are reporting dim reticles even w/fresh batteries.
Tomac

+1

Most LED's have a service life of over 80,000 hours, but the aimpoints LED is not perticularly "bright" (its usually the heat that killes them in the long run) so its not very heat intensive.

Its not going to burn out very soon, lets say that
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top