Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2009 3:34:50 PM EDT
can i pick up these parts; body and cap
g2 body
cap

and then add the drop in kit
kit

im guessing all this will work or will i need anything else. looks like the best way to build one without buying a G2 then taking it apart
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#1]
IYou can get a Surefire G2 LED preassembled cheaper than you can go the route you suggest. A complete G2 LED can be found on the internet for between $59 and $69 (MSRP is $69).  The G2 LED comes with the standard G2 body and tail cap with the metal head and Surefire P60L LED assembly preinstalled. I have a G2 LED on a LaRue QD offset light mount on my 6920. It was available as a combo from LaRue for $142.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There's no tailcap on that body, and the bezel doesn't say whether it comes with a lens or not.  Some G2s have plastic lenses - I have a few that are slightly melted from extended use with incandescents.  I can't see what's in the TNV kit, as their page won't load for me, so if it includes a tailcap, you'd likely have what you need.

You can get a complete G2 for $37 shipped on ebay.  Personally, I'd go this way, rather than saving a few dollars on parts.  Half-price, I'd consider.  You may want to check the marketplace over at http://www.candlepowerforums.com, as that's the place to get great deals on flashlight parts.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top