Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2008 9:31:26 AM EDT
hey, i was hoping you guys could help me.  

im going to make this hopefully as clear as possible.

how does burris measure its scope rings?  is it from the bottom of the scope to the VERY bottom of the mount....

or is it from the bottom of the scope to where the scope ring comes into contact with the top of the picatinny rail.

so if i were to order a 1" high burris xtr ring, and mounting it all up on my rifle would it measure 1" from the bottom of the scope to the top of the rail, or from the bottom of hte scope to the very bottom of the scope mount?

hopefully this is clear enough. i picked up some other scope rings in high(which should be 3/4") and they seem to be measured funny so they are to small.

so im trying to figure out if i need high(3/4"), or x-high(1") xtr rings.  my scope has a 42mm objective...
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

or is it from the bottom of the scope to where the scope ring comes into contact with the top of the picatinny rail.

This one is correct.

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with Glock24.  To get the height to the scope centerline, one would have to add the radius of the scope to the ring meaurement quote by Burris.  Leupold defines their mounts from the top of the rail to the centerline of the scope, so no arithmetic is required. Seems to me tha that Burris while making an excellant product, creates a lot of confusioin by defining their mount dimensions as they do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
alright, i figured it out and i need 3/4". i figured this is what i needed all along and told my g/f parents to get me some high rings for christmas. they could only find some warne and for some reason the warnes high rings are only .500". so that was my problem.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top