Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 1:12:53 PM EDT
Do I have to zero in the scope or does it come already done for me? The tacpoint is attached to my carry handle with a ARMS 16A mount and I haven't gone to range to test out my rifle just yet. Sorry for not posting the question on the sticky about tacpoint/sightmark but I had a feeling the question would go unanswered for some time.

Picked up the tacpoint from EE for $104 shipped with the 16A mount.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
ALL scopes need to be zeroed when first installed.

The factory will have the reticles close to mechanical center. That's about it.

There is NO scope that you can just mount and start shooting and expect to hit anything.

Each scope must be zeroed to each weapon you mount it on and with the type of ammo you are shooting, different ammo can cause a shift in your zero. Some shift can be slight, others large.

Research what type of Zero you want to use based on how you are going to use your weapon , learn how it is applied and hit the range.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the fast reply, I'll be making plans to hit the range on Sunday. And I just read up on how to zero in the tacpoint.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top