Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2008 6:22:30 PM EDT
Like everyone else and their dog, I'm ordering carbine parts right now.  My other AR is a 20" A2 so I haven't really paid attention to all of the cool crap that you can stick onto a flat-top upper.

I'll probably be using irons nearly all the time, but still want the the flat-top for flexibility later on.

Right now the only thing I'm seeing that seems to be usable quality under $50 is the CAA detachable carry handle, but I was hoping for something a little more compact.  Kinda like the UTG sight, but something that isn't a smoking turd.  

What do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Spend the 90 bucks on a Larue BUIS..well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Spend the 90 bucks on a Larue BUIS..well worth it.

Unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for.  Since there won't be an optic on the gun anytime soon, windage and elevation would be nice.

I just saw that Midway has the DPMS sight for $55 with my handy-dandy dealer discount, but the reviews I'm finding in the archives aren't very favorable.    Would chopping the CAA carry handle be the way to go, or would I be better off flexing on the "non-folding" part and just get a Matech?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You dont need elevation, its in the front sight. The LaRue is the perfect iron sight, whether backup or primary.

That being said, if you must have elevation, the LMT is the way to fly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Non-folding + windage + elevation + flexibility to add optics + does not suck = LMT

Or you can just chop one yourself. Although I believe RRA and DPMS has something similar.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You dont need elevation, its in the front sight. The LaRue is the perfect iron sight, whether backup or primary.

That being said, if you must have elevation, the LMT is the way to fly.

+1 on the Larue. If you will watch the EE closely you can pick one up for not that much over your $50 mark. I have bought a couple for $70 +- a few dollars.

Well worth it.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top