Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2008 6:54:23 AM EDT
Just ordered an Aimpoint CompM4.  Why?  Because I ended up paying same for it as a regular price CompM2!  How?  I searched for Aimpoint from the Live.com main page and clicked on the Ebay ad link at the top of the page.  Sinkholesale has the M4 for a Buy Now price of $624.  If you buy now and pay with paypal, you will get 25% back from the purchase price.  That makes it $468!  There are all kinds of optics this deal applies to, not just through that dealer and not just Aimpoints.

Caveats:
-You have to search, buy, and pay all within 60 minutes for the 25% to be applied to the sale.
-You have to have a live.com account (hotmail, messenger, etc...) to get the rebate
-It will take up to 60 days to get the 25% back from the sale, but you can get paid back with a check if you want

Just wanted to share this because I almost bought a scope without doing this, but now I ended up getting more than I was expecting.  If you're in the market to buy right now...DO IT!
-J
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have tried this, but when I try to create my cashback account, it keeps saying that they are having technical difficulties. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have tried this, but when I try to create my cashback account, it keeps saying that they are having technical difficulties. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

Yes, in fact I had this problem.  For some reason you cannot create a Live.com account if you are behind a firewall router which masks your internet connection through a proxy.  Cisco routers do this, mine gave me this problem.  I had to connect my laptop directly to by cable router to create the account, then it was fine.  I hope Microsoft understands that they are excluding 80% of internet users by doing this.  It's also kind of scary because what it implies is that they are somehow communicating directly with your PC OUTSIDE of HTTP...they should know better.  Sorry for the geeky answer.
-J
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, in fact I had this problem.  For some reason you cannot create a Live.com account if you are behind a firewall router which masks your internet connection through a proxy.  Cisco routers do this, mine gave me this problem.  I had to connect my laptop directly to by cable router to create the account, then it was fine.  I hope Microsoft understands that they are excluding 80% of internet users by doing this.  It's also kind of scary because what it implies is that they are somehow communicating directly with your PC OUTSIDE of HTTP...they should know better.  Sorry for the geeky answer.
-J

4.5 years and 5 posts.  i think that is a record
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-J

4.5 years and 5 posts.  i think that is a record

He's Santa Claus. Only comes around once a year.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Santa?  Santa!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thought I would add this link.
compm4 midway usa will donate $100 to nra-ila when you purchase.  Also, will buy
1 yr membership to nra for nonmembers.

not as low a price but you get the mount, covers, etc.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

-J

I am very computer illiterate. So even though I know you helped me, I would not know how to do what you did.  My router is a Motorola (I think).

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
duplicate thread
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top