Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:57:21 AM EDT
I'm looking for suggestions about setting up a BUIS or other non-carry handle rear sight with a notch style aperture instead of the standard peep sight style. I've seen flip notch/peep inserts available for sale, but don't know if these can easily be installed in most BUIS type sights or not. For instance, could I swap out the dual aperture flip insert in a LMT, Troy or ARMS to the notch/peep insert?

Also, are there any ready made options for a notch style rear sight? I've done some searches but haven't come up with much of anything.

Thanks in advance for any useful info.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Used where the AR15 rear sight would normally be, the notched sight is too close to the eye, it'd appear but as a blur.

It'd have to be placed further ahead like the AK weapons, and the sight radius is reduced as a result.  JP or somebody does make a sight like that for 3 gunners, maybe it's useful there.  Stick with t peep sight, it' used on most modern shoulder fire rifles for good reasons
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top