Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:45:27 PM EDT
Ive been trying to figure through this all day - I just mounted a 3x magnified in front of my EOTech 511, and thus had to slide the sight considerably forward to the front rail...does it make sense that I had to re-zero (by a fair amount) with the new config?

Out of the box the sight was very close to zero right in front of my ARMS#40 rear sight.

I though the EOTech was pretty much calibrated to be dead-on parallel with the bore and youe eye position didnt much matter? Is there some parallax variable going on here?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm, the magnifier is supposed to be mounted behind the EoTech... That's problem #1.

#2, Be aware that sometimes the EoTechs do not hold zero well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, thats of course what I meant --- mag AHEAD of/in font of the EOtech..Im not THAT much of a NOOB ;-)

Perhaps thats the issue (EOT needing regular re-sighting) and just a coincidence/not related to the new-config.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You moved your eotech for the original position it was sighted in at.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top