Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2008 9:27:46 AM EDT
Has anybody ever purchased a factory blemished scope before?  Good idea?  Bad idea?

I'm asking because Midway USA is having a sale on factory blemished Leupold scopes.  I'm wondering if they're worth the discount.  Thanks in advance for any info!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My FDE Mk4 3.5-10X LR/T is supposed to be blemished, it has the word BLEM on the bottom of the turrets bell, I sure as hell can't find what blemish it's supposed to have

I don't care if the color is off, I can always paint over that anyway.  I suspect it was from the over run, so Leupold marked them BLEM so they can sell them cheaper than what the government paid, just a guess.  For my purchase, it was worth it
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
will it have a warentee as a blem ? as long as it is not a lense blem who cares about cosmedics . what did you pay for it ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Duffy - Thanks for the pic and info.  I've got the same scope mounted on my Rem 700 LTR.  I think I'm gonna go ahead and order another one from Midway.

Sorry for the dupe threads guys.  I'm an interweb moron
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a link to the Midway sale
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I didnt compare them all but the blemished 3.5x10 mark 4 with illuminated mil dot is 10 bucks more for the blem than the non blem with my ffl discount.  They dont give ffl discounts on the blems and they actually end up costing more than 1st quality scopes if you have a ffl.  That seems strange since they have to be paying leupold less for them than the 1st quality ones.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top